Through the Quids for Kids project, we provide specialist advice to:

Quids for Kids Logo in bright colours.
  • Families of children (or young people up to the age of 21) with additional needs, a long-term illness or disability
  • Care leavers
  • Young homeless people
  • Foster parents
  • People looking after a child with a special guardianship order

We can help by assessing whether you are able to claim benefits, and we can help you challenge benefit decisions if you think you have not been treated fairly. We know the benefits system can be complicated and confusing and this can put busy families off claiming.

The service is available in the Devon County Council areas of East Devon, Exeter, Mid Devon, North Devon, South Hams, Teignbridge, Torridge and West Devon.

Funded by Devon County Council, the Quids for Kids project has already helped hundreds of families with children who have special needs. As a result millions of pounds of unclaimed benefits are now helping families manage the extra financial demands they experience. In the twelve months to April 2021 we advised 758 clients, achieving a total financial gains for our clients of over £790,000. However, we know that many families in these circumstances we work with still do not claim the benefits they are entitled to. If this is you, perhaps we can help. Quids for Kids Referral Form

Check the position with your claim or award by phoning:

For PIP, ring the DWP on 0800 121 4433

For DLA, ring the DWP on: 0800 121 4600

Please note that if you think you will miss a deadline for returning a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) form, you can ring and ask for an extension. There is no formal extension process for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) but you can discuss your claim on the DLA enquiry line.

If you need to put in a claim DLA or PIP urgently and you are not able to get an extension or help with filling in the form in time, it is better to get the claim form sent off in time than to wait.  Complete it as best you can and send it off. You can always send in additional information later.

For information about how to complete forms go to and search for Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.

For further information on how to contact our general service, go to

For general information and advice, please visit